Sunday, November 30, 2014

Greece

Greece…the warm weather like the warm and hospitable people welcome us. We will never  forget the time full of friendliness, history and tastefull cuisine. We are so lucky that we had a chance to meet our dear colleagues and lovely students.
We were impessed while visiting the Oimpia. We walked though the impressive ruins of the area where athletes trained and run in the ancient stadium. We could also visit the museum and get the chance to see some unbelievable sculptures such as thesculpted decoration of the temple of Zeus one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, the famous Hermis of Praxiteles and the statue of Nike of Paionios. In spite of the rainy weather, some of us had a chance to run the stadium where the first athletes had run before.
We could taste the delicious Greek food . traditional Greek cuisine, mezes, ouzo, fish, feta,salads.. They  captivated us. We will always remember the big tables full of delicious meal with the friendly chat. Moreover  now we can dance as a Greek J
We visited the wine house and we could see the ancient agricultural tools there and we tought the steps of the production of wine. The best thing about that trip was the tasting the delicios wine at the end.
We haven’t known anything about the first Greek inventions before visiting the museum.
Thank you for these wonderful experıences.

Love from Turkey

Hello Greece!

I would like to say that I had a very enjoyable time in Greece. The first day I was a bit shy because I have never been abroad but the host family was great, they made me feel at home. Also I want to say that everyone should try meals  of my host family. Because they were so delicious. The second day, they took me to the main square, café and the school. The people around me were talking a foreign language sometimes I didn’t understand even a word but it was not a matter. Because  we could understand each other with the language of love. They were so friendly. I felt as if I was in my own country.  By the way, the school and the school trips were so enjoyable. We went to different places, tasted different meals. In the evenings, we had a great time at parties.
And time flies, the last day came and we prepared to go our countries. I was so sad because it was a great experience and I didn’t want to leave my friends and this  beautiful country! In fact all my friends in Greece are a kind of brothers or sisters for me, more than friends. In the future I hope we will unite again in Turkey or in Greece or anywhere in the world.

 Sincerely  Furkan from Turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment