Thursday, April 9, 2015

Latvian pupils' Easter


Dairis: I painted eggs, had egg fights, played with my rabits and swung. According to the Latvian tradition, people have to swing at Easter, not to be stung by gnats.

 Sintija: I spent Easter together with my family. We painted eggs.

 Diona: I swung, had egg fights, ate eggs with salt not to tell lies- this is a Latvian belief.

 Līva: My family celebrates Easter together with our relatives. Our family participated in Hares' Marathon. We went to church, painted eggs and had egg fights.

 Viktorija: We painted hens' eggs, ducks' eggs and geese's eggs. We ate special food blessed in the church and had egg fights.

Vivita: I went to church, painted eggs in onion skins. This year we had very colourful eggs. I visited my relatives and we had egg fights.


 Comenius Peace team pupils participated in Hares'  Marathon, traditionally taking place in Mežvidi at Easter: Līva, Vivita, Raivis, Lauma, Sintija

No comments:

Post a Comment