Wednesday, April 1, 2015

1st April in Latvia



April Fools’ Day or 1.aprīlis is a day full of jokes in Latvia when people play practical jokes and hoaxes on each other.
An old belief tells that on this day Joke was born. Joke that symbolizes a changeable spring. Another belief says that this is the birthday of Judas and the first of April is the day when the devil was thrown down from the heaven on the earth.
This day is liked by pupils very much when they try to play jokes on each other, on their parents and teachers at school.
Here are some jokes that Latvian pupils have played or have had:
Dans : ”I  cut a hole in a plastic glass and offered my friends to drink Coke. When somebody tried to drink I  called “Aprīlis, Aprīlis!””
Raivis: “I glued a coin to the ground and looked at people trying to pick it up” 
Dairis: “I pretended to be fainted, but my classmates called our class teacher.”
Vivita: I believed when my friend told me that I had a spider on my hair.
Santa: My mother woke me up telling me that I was late for the school, I jumped out of the bed but it was not true.
Diona: My class teacher told me that my blouse was dirty and I got “April” 
Līva and Sintija: We told our English teacher that nobody had done the hometask in English- Aprill, Aprill!
Viktorija: I pretended that my beg was very heavy and I asked my best friend to help me to carry it- Aprill, Aprill!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment