Sunday, June 1, 2014

Turkey





Some weeks have already passed since our visit to Turkey, we are back to our country, back to our ordinary life and works, but our thoughts return back to this unforgettable trip to this beautiful country of a unique cultural heritage again and again.
This was my first visit to Turkey, I had already been inspired by the films about Turkey that Mine showed us in Romania and Poland and my staying there did not make me be deceived in my hopes and expectations: friendly and hospitable people, mountainous landscapes, diverse cultural traditions…. and of course, meeting you all again, my friends from five European countries. My reserved, northern oriented temper has been broken piece by piece each time we meet and I have started feeling more relaxed, open and freer thanks to you, dear friends.
Inga (teacher)- “Turkey will stay in my memory as the country of contrasts. Contrasts between the ancient and modern, beautiful nature, friendly people and the architecture that is worth admiring.
The most precious thing is the people I met. Comenius can unite people from different cultures, religions, life philosophies; it helps to open the doors towards tolerance and international cooperation and friendship.”
Vivita and Diona (pupils)- “This was the best trip we had ever had. Our host families were great; we cannot stop telling our friends in Latvia about the friends we have made in Turkey about the places we saw in Turkey, about the activities we took part in. We are excited. We will keep these warm feelings about the trip to Turkey in our hearts for a long time.”
Dear Mine and your team, thank you for making us feel in your country like at home!!!

Jolanta and my team (Latvia)

No comments:

Post a Comment