Friday, April 11, 2014

Spring in Latvia



Both ends of the year are white, and the middle is green - this is how national poet Ojārs Vācietis described Latvia.
Latvia's climate is our wealth, because Latvia is located in a geographical zone that allows us to enjoy all 4 seasons: winter, spring, summer and autumn.
Spring in Latvia sometimes comes in late February, but sometimes winter resign in April.
Usually the nature wakes up in late March or April, when the first migratory birds return and bushes and flowers blossom in forests.
“I am a spring girl,” I keep saying this year. The reason might be the absence of the winter; I am simply tired of the dominating grey and brown colours in the nature almost since October. Or the reason might be my birthday what I have in early spring. The first warm sunbeams, the freshness that is felt in the air and the birch juice make me wake up. There is something magic felt in the nature when the plants start opening their buds, when the birds start twittering their mighty songs and the first flowers appear above the earth greeting the sun and winter exhausted souls.
At last I have understood my likeness towards the yellow colour- the yellow spring colour that first tiny dandelions have.
Spring gives me so many unforgettable sensations – the awakening of nature, lilac and apple trees in blossom, the twittering of birds, beautiful spring flowers.
I am a spring girl…
Jolanta, Comenius team, Latvia
 









No comments:

Post a Comment